BREVARD LAWRIDE SUPPORTS
The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial
The mission of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund is to generate increased public support for the law enforcement profession by permanently recording and appropriately commemorating the service and sacrifice of law enforcement officers; and to provide information that will help promote law enforcement safety. Website: www.nleomf.com
We would also like to work with the Central Florida Chapter of C.O.P.S (Concerns of Police Survivors) in an effort to do more in the local community. As well as The American Police Hall of Fame and Museum about assisting in some of their charity work. That supports children of fallen officers. Websites: www.nationalcops.org and www.aphf.org
BREVARD LAWRIDE INC. raises money by hosting an annual Motorcycle ride escorted by local Law Enforcement Agencies. We also sell T-Shirts, Hats, Coins, Key Chains and decals to raise money. Seventeen Law Enforcement officers have been killed in the line of duty in Brevard County and we work to honor the memory of their sacrifice and service to their community.
Remember, Respect, Honor our Fallen Heroes!
BREVARD LAW RIDE
Event Release For Minors
Event: May 8, 2021 at The American Police Hall of Fame & Museum
6350 Horizon Dr. in Titusville, Fl.
In consideration of my minor child ("the Minor") being permitted to participate in a "Ride," "Poker Run," "Rally," "Field Meet" or "Activity" (hereinafter, EVENT(S) sponsored and/or conducted by Brevard Lawride Inc., with the assistance of Wayne Ivey, in his capacity as Sheriff of Brevard County, Florida, The American Police Hall of Fame & Museum and their employees and agents, The John Kennedy Space Center and Their employees and agents (hereinafter, collectively the "RELEASED PARTIES"), I agree as follows:
1. I know the nature of the EVENT(S) and the Minor's experience and capabilities, and believe the Minor to be qualified to participate in the EVENT(S) or enter into restricted areas where the EVENT(S) are conducted. IF I OR THE MINOR BELIEVE ANYTHING IS UNSAFE, I WILL INSTRUCT THE MINOR TO IMMEDIATELY CEASE OR REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE FURTHER IN THE EVENT(S) AND/OR LEAVE THE RESTRICTED AREA.
2. I FULLY UNDERSTAND and will instruct the Minor that (a) THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) MAY BE DANGEROUS and participation in the EVENT(S) and/or entry into Restricted Areas may involve RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH ("RISKS"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by the Minor's own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the EVENT(S), the rules of the EVENT(S), the condition and layout of the premises and equipment, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASED PARTIES" in performing their duties : (c) there may be OTHER RISKS NOT KNOWN TO ME or that are not readily foreseeable at this time; (d) THE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES and/or damages that could result from those Risks COULD BE SEVERE AND COULD PERMANENTLY CHANGE THE MINOR'S FUTURE.
3. I consent to the Minor's participation in the EVENT(S) and/or entry into restricted areas and HEREBY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, AND ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE LOSSES COSTS AND OR DAMAGES FOLLOWING SUCH INJURY, DISABILITY, PARALYSIS OR DEATH, EVEN IF CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASED PARTIES" IN PERFORMING THEIR RESPECTIVE DUTIES.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the "RELEASED PARTIES" sponsors, advertisers, owners and lesser of the premises used to conduct the EVENT(S), FROM ALL LIABILITY TO ME, THE MINOR, my and the minor's personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, including, but not limited to, death or damage to property, CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASED PARTIES" in performing their duties.
5. If, despite, this release, I, the Minor or anyone on the Minor's behalf makes a claim against any of the "RELEASED PARTIES" named above, I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE "RELEASED PARTIES" and each of them from ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEY FEES, LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST THEY MAY INCUR DUE TO THE CLAIM MADE OR SUIT BROUGHT AGAINST ANY OF THE "RELEASED PARTIES" NAMED ABOVE, ASSERTING NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE "RELEASED PARTIES" in performing their respective duties.
6. This Release shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and any action brought to interpret or enforce this Release shall be brought exclusively in the appropriate state court situate in Brevard County, Florida
7. I sign this agreement on my own behalf and on behalf of the Minor. I HAVE READ THIS PARENTAL CONSENT, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING IT I GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS I AND/OR THE MINOR WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE TO RECOVER DAMAGES FOR LOSSES OCCASIONED BY THE "RELEASED PARTIES" FAULT, AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT. and understand that The John F. Kennedy Space Center Requires the use of a Helmet to operate a motorcycle on the centers property and agree to do so.
THIS IS A RELEASE - READ BEFORE SIGNING